Happy New Year!
My my my, what a whirlwind of a year this has been. Around the first of the year, I like to make some goals, as many do, and check in with my goals from the previous year to see if I reached any of them. So here we go.
- Get a new job in design.
- I did this! I got a job as a graphic designer, as you might know if you follow along with this little bloggy. I also was able to intern with the Getty Museum in their design studio as well, so maybe I can count that as a bonus point, because I already have a feeling *spoiler* this list is going to go downhill from here.
- Read at least 15 books.
- Would you like to guess how many books I read this year? I’ll tell you. Five. Five books. I suppose that is better than none, though, so I’m really not all that disappointed. Reading just wasn’t as big a priority this year as I thought it would be, and that’s okay.
- Update photo albums.
- I started this project, but it is still in progress. I do really want to finish this though, so I’m gonna carry this over to next year.
- Keep soda and Starbucks on the weekends only by 2017.
- I think I’ve really accomplished the soda-half of this goal. I’ve seriously cut it out, and I only have it occasionally at this point, so woo hoo! The Starbucks though… I really love that Starbucks, and I did NOT succeed in cutting down. My drink of choice however has less sugar than my former selection earlier in 2016, so I don’t feel quite as terrible about my failure as I would if I hadn’t switched. This isn’t an excuse though, I know.
- Keep up to date in my Q&A journal.
- I didn’t do well at this. I made it through about half of the year, but for about 2 months during the summer, I was on vacation and not at my house all that much, so I fell out of the habit and that’s all it took. Carryover!
- Master time-management.
- This will be an ongoing goal for me I think. I feel much better about how I have been allocating time this year – time is made for tasks and people who deserve it, and I don’t feel as horrible of a friend or student as I did last year. I am still late a lot though, so like I said, an ongoing goal for sure.
Now for this year’s new goals…
- Cut the sugar.
- Not completely, because I know I would fail immediately, but I want to eat healthy this year.
- Get in shape, stay in shape.
- I think I’m going to join the gym so I can be serious about this. Healthy habits haven’t been a priority for me, but this year I want to change that.
- Finish my graphic design program.
- This is sort of a freebie, but I don’t care. I’m excited to finish!
- Learn to play the violin.
- I got a violin as a Christmas gift, and I’ve always wanted to learn, so now’s the time!
- Join a church and bible study group.
- I think this will be the one I try first. I’m sort of hesitant because I don’t love meeting lots of new people, but I think it will be a really good thing in the long run.
- Prepare to buy a house.
- I can’t wait!
Cheers to the New Year!