Hello! Holy crap, it’s been a long time since I blogged something! Sorry about that…
But it’s that time of year again… that’s right – the beginning. Happy [belated] New Year one and all!
I always like to do a little review of my resolutions from the year before and see what goals I accomplished, which should be left behind, and which should be carried over, so here I go.
1. Read at least 15 books – Oops! I only read 10, but I’ve also started about 3-4 others so I’m happy with how I did with this goal & I’m keeping it for this year, too. Here are the books I read this year:
- #Forfeit Caroline Batten
- Fangirl Rainbow Rowell
- Read Bottom Up Skye Chatham & Neel Shah
- Looking for Alaska John Green
- The One and Only Emily Giffin
- Hyperbole and a Half Allie Brosh
- Landline Rainbow Rowell
- The Girl on the Train Paula Hawkins
- The Summer I Turned Pretty Jenny Han
- Finding Audrey Sophie Kinsella
Fangirl and Hyperbole and a Half were my favorites.
2. Finish saving for down payment on house/condo – Yay! I did this! The only problem now is that I’m having to dip into in a little bit for my school, but since I don’t see myself buying any property anytime soon anyway, I’m ok with this. I’m going to try to keep most of it untouched for that happy day when I can make a lovely condo go from ‘For Sale’ to ‘Sold’, but I’m glad to have the funds when I need them. I tried to win the lottery today, but I didn’t. Maybe some other time.
3. Take a typography/hand-lettering class – Woo Hoo! Also did this goal, and it was SO much fun, too! My dear friend Christine and I took Lauren Saylor‘s watercolor calligraphy class together early this year, and since then I’ve been trying to practice and learn more types of modern calligraphy, and even got paid to make a few things for some weddings. Done and done.
4. Drink less soda and Starbucks – Hmm. Pass.
No, I’m just kidding… I mean I’ve definitely failed at this AGAIN, because I love Starbucks and soda so freakin’ much, but I’m slowly coming around to the idea that I actually WANT to do this, not just that I need to. I’m keeping it for 2016. So if you see me with a Starbucks or soda and it’s not the weekend, please yell at me.
5. Update my photo albums – This has been started but not completed. I’m up to 2012, but am still collecting photos. Keeping this baby for this year.
6. Grow my Etsy site – Nope. I’m not super motivated on this one, especially being in school now, but that’s ok. Goals can change throughout the year, and this one definitely was one of those. I think I’ll take this off my list for now, and if it just so happens that I add some things to Etsy this year, we’ll call it bonus points.
Mmk. So. Now for this year’s goals:
- Get a new job in design. – I really want to start taking this graphic design learnin’ I’ve been doing and get some kind of job that uses it, even if it’s just an internship.
- Read at least 15 books.
- Update photo albums.
- Keep soda and Starbucks on the weekends only by 2017.
- Keep up to date in my Q&A journal – This journal asks you a question each day and for 5 years, you keep a log of your answers, so I want to be diligent with this because I think I’ll be really fun to look back at my past answers each year.
- Master time-management. – I’ve been feeling like I’m very, very bad at time management lately… I’m usually late, I leave things until the last minute, and I overbook myself. I want to get better about making sure I leave enough time for everything that must be accomplished, start getting to places on time [or dare I say early!?!] and allowing time for the people who matter most to me. Ya know, just generally be a better person… 😉
I think that’s all for this year. Thanks for reading along with my yearly summary… remember to yell at me when you see me with a coke on a Wednesday. Thank you. Now I’m gonna go eat some artichoke dip on some crackers, and it’s going to be an amazing time.
image source unknown