Heyo. I thought for this fine Throwback Thursday, I’d share what I find to be the top ten most wonderful 80’s songs. It was very, very difficult to narrow this down.
- ‘I Wanna Dance with Somebody’ – Whitney Houston
This song is the PERFECT dance song, and will eternally be on all of my playlists for any party.
- ‘Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now’ – Starship
I’m also biased, because this is my parents wedding song, but like c’mon. It’s amazing.
- ‘Jessie’s Girl’ – Rick Springfield
I will never get tired of this song.
- ‘Missing You’ – John Waite
Mmm such emotion.
- ‘The Power of Love’ – Huey Luis and the News
This is in my top favorite songs ever of any era.
- ‘Livin’ on a Prayer’ – Bon Jovi
I think it’s part of everyone’s duty as an American to know the words to this song [the chorus at the VERY LEAST].
- ‘Crazy Little Thing Called Love’ – Queen
Another one of the best songs ever.
- ‘Alone’ – Heart
Holy crap, the chorus of this song. Heart is the best.
- ‘Nothin’ But a Good Time’ – Poison
I’ll never skip this song whenever it comes on.
- ‘ Pour Some Sugar On Me’ – Def Leppard
Honorable mentions include: ‘It Must Have Been Love’ by Roxette, ‘Rock You Like a Hurricane’ by Scorpions, and ‘Crazy Train’ by Ozzy Osbourne.
What are your top ten 80’s picks?