Happy New Year!
2015, holy moly.
Alright, well let’s check in with last year’s resolutions just to see how those went.
1. Save at least 1/2 of the money for a down payment on a house – I was able to meet this goal thanks to my job at Warner Bros. with some change. Woo Hoo!
2. Read at least 15 books – I made it to 12! That dang Hired Man was such a pain, it really slowed down everything. Oh well, I’m still happy with 12 books read. Here they are…
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? And Other Concerns Mindy Kaling
- Where We Belong Emily Giffin
- The Maze Runner James Dashner
- Better Off Friends Elizabeth Eulberg
- The Last Always Nora Roberts
- Bossypants Tina Fey
- Beautiful Ruins Jess Walkter
- Attachments Rainbow Rowell
- Someday, Someday Maybe Lauren Graham
- The Hired Man Aminatta Forna
- Eleanor & Park Rainbow Rowell
- One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories B.J. Novak
My favorite was Attachments, and I found a new favorite author in Rainbow Rowell. Thanks to my dear Rachel for the recommendation.
3. Continue learning French – Haha, I don’t think I learned a single new French word. I guess I’m not really interested enough in this goal. I want to learn French one day though…
4. Eat healthy, Stay fit – Guys. I quit the gym. I decided that running and being active outside of the gym was way more fun for me. So I ran outdoors, did workout videos via Tone it Up, which are great. The holidays definitely put all of it on hold, but this is a carry-over for sure. T Swift is the goal. I haven’t watched the DVR’d Victoria’s Secret fashion show yet, so maybe I’ll pop that on for some motivation.
5. Sew Something – Yeah, baby. Check. BIG TIME check. I sewed a bag, a vest, my Halloween costume, and an apron this year. I got a new beautful sewing machine for Christmas so there’s much more fun stuff to come.
6. Get genetic testing – Not exactly, but it’s a definite check off the list. We went for a genetic counseling session this year and found out that actual genetic testing is a big deal and not always 100% necessary. What I DID do is learn that constant monitoring the healthy choices are the way to go, so I got an MRI and valuable knowledge that will help in the future.
7. Stay after my passion in design – I’m going to consider this a big ‘done’. I started an Etsy site with some original art, learned how to be a seamstress, did a couple of paid photography sessions, and learned Photoshop and Illustrator. In the upcoming year, I’ll be doing more set design, and potentially moving on to a more creative career so I’m excited to see where this takes me.
Going into 2015, here are my new resolutions…
1. Read at least 15 books – I just got a Kindle so I’m gonna stock right on up and go crazy on this goal.
2. Finish saving for down payment on house/condo – I hope to start looking for a place before the end of the year.
3. Take a typography/hand-lettering class – Whether it’s an actual class or just practicing more, I’d really love to get better at this type of art. haha TYPE… get it?
4. Drink less soda and Starbucks – I’m going to TRY to taper this down to only having these things on weekends or when I go out for meals on special occasions by the end of the year. I know sugar is bad. Now I just have to do something about it.
5. Update my photo albums – I’m caught up to 2010, so I have a bit up bringing up to date to do.
6. Grow my Etsy site – I have some ideas on things to sell so hopefully I can grow the inventory a bit in 2015.
Here we go!