Let it be known that I am quite the musical theater enthusiast, and lately I can’t get enough of just a couple of things:
#1 The Book of Mormon.
Now, what’s very very exciting about this is that in just a short time, this musical is coming to the pantages, and I’m 98% positive that I’m going to see it. The [1st world] problem with that is that I don’t want to spoil the play by listening to all the songs so I’ve been focusing on only 3. So far, I’ve not been able to overplay them even on constant repeat… Go ahead. Try to NOT like the opening number… [This is from when they performed at the Tony’s]
#2 Rock of Ages
This movie was SO much better than I was expecting, and I was expecting it to be great. But seriously, the music and casting is so fantastic, that I’d consider paying to see it a 3rd time. Let’s talk about it.
- Julianne Hough- So stinkin’ cute and hello!? Ryan Seacrest’s girlfriend!? great.
- Tom Cruise- Ugghhh he can wail and I love it. Also he’s hot in this movie. And I’ve NEVER considered him hot.
- Alec Baldwin- He’s crazy, and he’s funny, and he sings in this movie. And well. ❤
- Russell Brand- Love already, but his singing voice is somehow surprisingly & hypnotically fantastic. I love it so much. So so so much.
- Diego Boneta- You were on PLL and now you’re some kind of crazy rocker with eyeliner and your voice is sick. Approve.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones- Please. Velma Kelly. Nuff said. Oh actually, no. Nice high kick also needs to be said.
They take already wonderful 80’s rock and make it better. This soundtrack is what plays on my iPod in between The Book of Mormon songs for some variety. But that’s it.
Anyway, Just listen. First is Julianne Hough, then at 2:43 its Diego Boneta, at 3:50 its Russell Brand, & 4:36 is Alec Baldwin… gah! ❤
Ok that’s my little passionate rant.